Goto page Previous  1, 2
[subscribe]
Forums -> Terrain Making Questions

Sci-Fi crates etc?

Ideas, ideas... Laughing

I quite like the look of the bottle caps of Fruit Shoots and other kids juice bottles that are available for using as Sci Fi crates, here's a (sadly not great) pic of some that I collected.

[img_c=17027,http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/fionaadoresheroes/crates.jpg]

those caps just scream to be on top of an empty box machine that has a couple of leds on the inside ... fruit shoots hmmmm? is that anything like the japanese kid's drink ramune?

I tried the bottletops thing but I glued them with PVA. They didn't turn out to be very good so I'm probably going to use it for some sort of ork thing Smile.

Zaxter said:

I tried the bottletops thing but I glued them with PVA. They didn't turn out to be very good so I'm probably going to use it for some sort of ork thing Smile.

superglue is better for plastic on plastic like this.

the real trick to making these things work is really understanding what surface is coming into contact with what other surface. is it the outer edge to the inner rim or the bevel to the lip surface? etc, etc. i always hold the two pieces together and twist them a little to get an understanding of how they impact each other. then a couple of drops of superglue and they are done in seconds!!

Zaxter said:

The only reason superglue or modelglue isnt used is because it melts styrofoam, releasing toxic chemicals into the air, but if you let it dry before it touches the foam, its fine

(some advice on the glue if you dont have any, try the helping hand brand, its a little harder to find, but it is cheaper and MUCH better quality)

Mandalorethecool said:

Zaxter said:

The only reason superglue or modelglue isnt used is because it melts styrofoam, releasing toxic chemicals into the air, but if you let it dry before it touches the foam, its fine

(some advice on the glue if you dont have any, try the helping hand brand, its a little harder to find, but it is cheaper and MUCH better quality)

concur. super gule is only only [size=18]only [/size]for plastic on plastic!

i like loctite because it has a gel and a pressure-gip applicator.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
22 results in total.

Forums -> Terrain Making Questions