Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
[subscribe]
Forums -> Competitions Overview

Ideas for Criteria (2012)


2 ideas for you

Disaster (it is 2012 after all)

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!

*************

Law and order - Build a terain peice associated with law enforcment agencies.

Goal/jail
Court room
Police station
Gallows
Torture chamber
Dungeon
Guillotine
Gibbet
Miltiary police checkpoint
Arbites compound (40K)

Bugbait out


bugbait_nz said:


Disaster (it is 2012 after all)

Yup it's going to be an interesting year.

Captain 'Mal' Reynolds: Define Interesting
Wash: Oh God, Oh God, We're all gonna to die...

Seriously though, How about this year we add consistency to the comp?


bugbait_nz said:

Goal/jail

I originally read this as "Goat Jail", which implies goat criminals and in turn a goat constabulary. I could model that.


"Upgrades"

Required materials:

• an existing piece of terrain
OR
• existing terrain elements
AND
• Photo of the starting condition(s)

Plan:
do repairs, improvements, embellishments, additions to the existing stuff — take it to the next level.


Tob said:

bugbait_nz said:

Goal/jail

I originally read this as "Goat Jail", which implies goat criminals and in turn a goat constabulary. I could model that.

Seconded!


wdlanghans said:

Tob said:

bugbait_nz said:

Goal/jail

I originally read this as "Goat Jail", which implies goat criminals and in turn a goat constabulary. I could model that.

Seconded!

Wait...What? If we have a "Goat Jail" comp, I can model Nanny Goat Junction? Reneagade Nannies? Nannies Gone Wild? A Mule For Sister Nannie? The Good, The Bad, and The Nannie? A Few Nannies More? Confused


pendrake said:

"Upgrades"

Plan:
do repairs, improvements, embellishments, additions to the existing stuff — take it to the next level.

I would totally love this one. I have some nice older pieces that could really use some TLC and updating. One in particular comes to mind. Somebody choose this Comp please!!! Smile


Ambience 327 said:

pendrake said:

"Upgrades"

Plan:
do repairs, improvements, embellishments, additions to the existing stuff — take it to the next level.

I would totally love this one. I have some nice older pieces that could really use some TLC and updating. One in particular comes to mind. Somebody choose this Comp please!!! Smile

I like this too. How great would it be to see some familiar projects from old past threads come out of the closet and get a facelift?! Or work from members that were never posted because the they didn't make the final cut. Love this idea. Seriously.


An additional criteria would be entries have at least one supporting image clearly showing a 'before' upgrade. W.I.P show maybe four or five different before images to be accepted.

This is interesting. I like it more and more.


I've had my modeling tools taken away until I make the display cases for my terrain and minis Sad

2012 will be 1:1 scale for a bit.


Thumper said:

2012 will be 1:1 scale for a bit.

My only advice: Don't use balsa.


"Upgrades"

In this spirit... how about taking a piece of terrain project that was started a long time ago, shoved in a closet, and never completed. Sort of a New Year Resolution to finish up all those WIPs that are lying around before starting something new.

Hmmmmm might be too much for my A.D.D! d'oh!


I can think of 7 projects that never got completed, thats Jan -> July covered!!


bugbait_nz said:

I can think of 7 projects that never got completed, thats Jan -> July covered!!

You do realize that it's not completed until it's PAINTED! ... Right??? Laughing


I'm crazy hot for this idea! I think not only would a whole pile of stuff come out of storage and get finished, but this comp could be HIGHLY entertaining.
Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
62 results in total.

Forums -> Competitions Overview