Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
[subscribe]
Forums -> Competitions Overview

Ideas for Criteria (2012)


MUMSY said:

War. HUNH! What is it good for?

Fixed. Wink

Don


HobbyDr said:

MUMSY said:

War. HUNH! What is it good for?

Fixed. Wink

Don

HAH! Laughing


After seeing the titles of the transportation entries, I believe we need to do a competition honoring Thumper, construct 2 pieces of nearly identical terrain, one in the swamp and one not in the swamp Smile


ableman33 said:

"BUILD IT BIG"

Competition synopsis: Build a piece of terrain that is either actually huge itself or is a model of something very large.

This could range from 1:1 scale furniture building to 1:2000 scale mountain ranges.

Use this competition as an excuse to drag out those "ginormous" projects you have been putting off because they are too big.

Go ahead and make those gaming tables and train sets, build those haunted aircraft carriers and skyscraper filled downtown City Fight boards. Make Tokyo in 1:1600 scale for real Monsters vs. Aliens battles. Make those post apocalyptic amusement parks and steampunk Mount Rushmore battle scenes you have always wanted to.

Go BIG!


I'm with ableman on this. I would love to se him submit a brand new table for the comp. (not to mention it would fit my plans perfectly)


Sounds like a goood time to start on that Maya Pyramid...


@ N8

... but I don't have time to do Angkor Prohm right now. Rolling Eyes


"After seeing the titles of the transportation entries, I believe we need to do a competition honoring Thumper, construct 2 pieces of nearly identical terrain, one in the swamp and one not in the swamp"

That reminds me of something.... hmmmmmm

"The king thought I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, but I built it anyway just to show em. That sank into the swamp so I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. Then I built another. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up!"


Having returned from a five day 1800 mile road trip through three states I have an idea. Junk yard. Any genre. Any era. Any scale. Junk. Yep. That could be an easy or difficult criteria. I might get back in the game with this one.


You have been missed.

Don


HobbyDr said:

You have been missed.

Don

Thank you Don. I've missed TG. It's about that time again to start building something.


MUMSY said:

Having returned from a five day 1800 mile road trip through three states I have an idea. Junk yard. Any genre. Any era. Any scale. Junk. Yep. That could be an easy or difficult criteria. I might get back in the game with this one.

Yay! junkyards! The shop-class ashtrays of my terrain. Everything I make ends up looking junkyardy in some way.


Kishkumen said:

MUMSY said:

Having returned from a five day 1800 mile road trip through three states I have an idea. Junk yard. Any genre. Any era. Any scale. Junk. Yep. That could be an easy or difficult criteria. I might get back in the game with this one.

Yay! junkyards! The shop-class ashtrays of my terrain. Everything I make ends up looking junkyardy in some way.

A junkyard could work as dangerous terrain ... just sayin' Cool


Three states in five days and I saw a lot of this kind of thing. Abandoned farm equiptment and old trucks and cars. Oregon and Idaho were my favorites for this kind of junk. Not sure how I would go about making terrain like this for a comp but it would certainly be challenging and fun!

Image: 20121004221629


Did you spend any time in Montana or are you counting Washington as the third state. BTW, good to see you posting again.


Elderac said:

Did you spend any time in Montana or are you counting Washington as the third state. BTW, good to see you posting again.

Hi Elderac. 'Yep' on the 'Washington'. We travelled from our island all the way across the state and down the length of Idaho then kitty corner through Oregon. My first time into Idaho. It was great. Following the Oregon Trail and the route of Lewis & Clark. Abandoned junk left on every prairie, butte, and range land where ever we went. Lot of old rusty stuff out there. It fascinates me. I kept bugging my husband to pull over and let me scavenge old boards or wheels. He was not keen on that. Hah! So...Next best thing is making it in mini I guess. Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
62 results in total.

Forums -> Competitions Overview