Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
[subscribe]
Forums -> Competitions Overview

Ideas for criteria 2014

Well it's a new year and as yet nobody has posted a new criteria ideas post for this year....... so I thought I would start it with ....... wait for it ......... it's gonna be worth the wait honest ....... ok possibly not .....

Splash

A very open criteria here in so much as the peice must contain a water feature as a central subject.
Suggestions of examples include things such as a pool or pond, swimming pools, dockside, wells (for those fond of the smaller object 'cough extraevildave cough'), water processing plants, waterfalls ect.
This is the only limit, besides your own imagination.

Let the suggestions commence.......

Beauty On The Battlefield

Battlefields are harsh, ruined places, but sometimes something beautiful remains. Model a piece of terrain that includes beauty in a ruined space.

Examples include things like untouched stained-glass windows in bombed out cathedrals, a stand of blooming roses in a trampled garden, a flowering tree in a burned field, or delicate statues in a ruined town square.

-Elroy

Taltosvt said:

Battlefields are harsh, ruined places, but sometimes something beautiful remains. Model a piece of terrain that includes beauty in a ruined space.

Examples include things like untouched stained-glass windows in bombed out cathedrals, a stand of blooming roses in a trampled garden, a flowering tree in a burned field, or delicate statues in a ruined town square.

-Elroy

Ohhhhh that sounds Good keep em coming

"Roads go ever, ever on..."

Your entry must show some form of linear transportation path, be it a road, walkway, forest trail, tram line, grav-train supports, etc.

Two Inch Base

13 Bamboo Skewers

A Building From A Bottle

No Foam

Taltosvt said:

-Elroy

+1

Thumbs Up

Tob said:

Two Inch Base

13 Bamboo Skewers

A Building From A Bottle

No Foam

I have a ton of 2 inch diameter fender washers and I missed out on both of the "one inch base" contests from previous years.

I wish the 13 skewers reference was not sailing past me... Rolling Eyes ...I just know that is a movie reference or something. Brick wall

All I can think of the past couple hours is "Thirteen Skewers". I may have to do something about this. I have thirteen skewers stuck in my brain. d'oh!

Laughing How about 47 Ro...-wboats!

A theme suggested by brushmarks in the chatroom:

The High Seas and Low Tides

that was quick Wink

the full idea involved piers, boats -steam or masted behemoths, beach (terrain-)boards or modular dunes

MUMSY said:

All I can think of the past couple hours is "Thirteen Skewers". I may have to do something about this. I have thirteen skewers stuck in my brain. d'oh!

Doesn't that hurt or is it like accupuncture?

Juice it!
Electrified terrain including but not limited to lighting, motors, spark gaps, radio control, etc etc. The only real criterium being flowing current.

Phases
Terrain pieces emphasizing at least three phases of matter.

Copse
No more that 6 and no less than 3 trees (or alien equivalent) on a 36 sq in (235 sq sm) or less base. Must contain one Easter Egg.

Tob said:

Juice it!
Electrified terrain including but not limited to lighting, motors, spark gaps, radio control, etc etc. The only real criterium being flowing current

Hmmmm liking this idea all hail the steampunk science lab - to quote portal 2 "friends don't let friends science alone". Loving the idea here and hope to see this one crop up in the future defiantly a +1 here.

Out of Time

In the spirit of Terry Gilliam I'd like to see your take on anachronisms on the battlefield.

With steampunk fantasy and archaic sci-fi as common game worlds, there are whole universes to stitch together-- take your time.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
39 results in total.

Forums -> Competitions Overview