For this competition entrants must create something that looks old and rusty.

It can be something still functional or an abandoned wreck just as long as it contains a fair amount of metal and appears to have seen better days.
For competition purposes take old to mean something along the lines of weathered, decrepit or battered and rusty to be any form of metal oxidization.

This criteria was suggested a couple of years ago by my then 6 year old niece during the "Holey Places" competition (include the name Hannah somewhere and gain bonus points (or at least Uncle Extraevildave will Smile )).

Congrats EED on a well deserved win!

I was planning on making a brand new version of an old silo that I use in Necromunda - I had originally thought about just leaving it, or repainting it, or making a new updated version. Everyone I spoke to said "Make a new one as everyone likes more scenery"

So, I'm planning on making a brand new (v2.0) decrepit looking rusty silo (with a few gantrys on it ofc) mainly to be used in skirmish games and to match my previous comp entry (thanks EED!)

(Although, If i'm honest, I was kinda hoping for the Beauty of the Battlefield, so I could try something completely different for a change!)

Is that ok?

djmothra said:

Congrats EED on a well deserved win!

Thanks djmothra, I enjoyed the competition.
djmothra said:

(Although, If i'm honest, I was kinda hoping for the Beauty of the Battlefield, so I could try something completely different for a change!)

As long as the main criteria is covered there's no reason you can't include a component of some form of beauty in your build, little touches like that add unique character and that's good (like your walkway graffiti).

The deadline is fast approaching so better hurry up to complete those remaining entries.
All the posted entries look good and should be approved once the deadline has passed (just in case there are any last minute edits anyone wants to make (like mentioning measurements or scale "Dreamer")).

Whoo hoo! Seven entries. Another great turnout. Good job everyone.

Forums -> Old & Rusty Competition