[subscribe]
Forums -> Showcase

Small huts

Hi everybody,
This is my first post to this site I thought I show off some of my new huts I built.

Image: 20140610060628

Sorry for the picture quality but I was trying out my new tablet. Each of these hutscost about 27 cents to make.

Looking good any chance you can share how they were made with us (that way we can try the techniques or suggest others)

Sure I can the bodies are made from small potting pots made from recycled cardboard the roof is made from a pizza box (red baron) and craft sticks.the doors are also made from the same pizza box. Here are two WIPs

Image: 20140610110624

Image: 20140610110734

Greenarrow77 said:

I thought I show off some of my new huts I built.

Awesome! I like the texture of the pots; makes for fun drybrushing.

Are you going to base these or anything? I can see a little village in my mind. If you wanted to detail these up, some ivy might do the trick. Maybe door hardware.

These are pretty cool; simple but with lots of character. I want to see more of this world.

Actually the doors are suppose to be curtains there is texture on there but it seems lost in the picks.also I'm working on 8 more....

Image: 20140610225244

Greenarrow77 said:

Actually the doors are suppose to be curtains

Crimped card, the corrugated part of corrugated cardboard, might work there.

Tob said:

Greenarrow77 said:

Actually the doors are suppose to be curtains

Crimped card, the corrugated part of corrugated cardboard, might work there.

I think crimped card would look too uniform for curtains, I would actually use tissue paper in watered down PVA.

I used hot glue to give it a cloth look
Image from http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/holloeecho/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140612_025354_zpsezzbott8.jpg

Greenarrow77 said:

I used hot glue to give it a cloth look

That works. You got the texture without the uniformity.

Forums -> Showcase