[subscribe]
Forums -> Announcements

New archive at http://www.terragenesis.info

The bones of the new site are in place using DocuWiki however there is a lot of work to do transferring the existing archive data. I think it can be automated but I need to write code to do it. I will chip away at this as and when I have time. In the meantime, the data will continue to be available on this site.

Watch this space.

This is referencing the photo gallery -or- the photo gallery plus the old threads?

pendrake said:

This is referencing the photo gallery -or- the photo gallery plus the old threads?

Archived articles, including the newest ones that were written as wiki threads.

Gallery images... although these will probable require a good clean out... as was previously discussed when we were talking about setting up Caleb, Tob, and you, as gallery moderators.

I assessed the DocuWiki software some time ago when researching for the creation of a wiki to complement this forum. DocuWiki and MediaWiki (as used by Wikipedia) were two of the most interesting. Given the chance in direction I decided to use one of them and went for DocuWiki because it's simpler; I get the impression one can do anything with MediaWiki whereas DocuWiki seems to offer what we really need without too much added complexity.

I've put the bones in place but need to get to grips with it some more, and transfer existing data, before I let anybody else in to help me edit things and tidy up. You, Caleb and Tob will be invited to help with that when the time comes.

Forums -> Announcements