Home > Reference > Glossary > spackle
Term:  spackle



Spackle is a US term for a product used by decorators and DIY types to fill cracks and holes in plaster (though we terrain makers can generally find much more interesting things to do with it). It is also sometimes referred to simply as 'filler' or by brand names such as Polyfilla.
It is available in packets as a powder (containing gypsum plaster and glue) that forms a paste when mixed with water. Ready mixed varieties are also available in plastic tubs and tubes.

[Page Top] [Site Home]